|7 June 2016|
- Judith Weir Ave Regina Caelorum
- Matthew Martin Ave virgo sanctissima
- Michael Berkeley Catch me if you can
- Hilary Campbell Ave Maria
- Michael Berkeley Touch Light
- Lennox Berkeley Stabat Mater
Celebrating a programme of British composers, the Berkeley Ensemble joins forces with The Marian Consort and David Wordsworth to explore bold and fiendish music by father and son Lennox and Michael Berkeley, the current Master of the Queen’s Music Judith Weir, and two recent works by young composers Matthew Martin and Hilary Campbell.
At the heart of the programme is one of Lennox Berkeley’s finest and most substantial sacred works, the Stabat Mater, a stunning depiction of the human predicament centring on Mary’s suffering during Christ’s crucifixion.
More information and tickets from Spitalfields Music.
|5 May 2016|
Fundraising concert in aid of the Restoration of Berkeley Church Bell Tower appeal.
- W. A Mozart: Horn Quintet, K. 407
- Lennox Berkeley: String Trio
- Michael Berkeley: Clarinet Quintet
- W. A Mozart: Clarinet Quintet in A, K. 581
Concert introduced by the ensemble’s patron Michael Berkeley CBE. The concert is followed by a reception in the Great Hall, Berkeley Castle (booking essential). Early evening tours of Berkeley Castle (lasting 1 hour and starting between 5pm and 5.30pm) are available before the concert.
Concert and event tickets: £30 (Nave seats), £20 (Aisle seats), £30 (post-concert reception), £15 (castle tour) from Brown Paper Tickets