The Berkeley Ensemble is delighted to be accepting applications for its inaugural Chamber Sessions weekend course for amateur musicians, scheduled to take place from Friday 24th (6pm) to Sunday 26 November (5pm) 2023.
Due to the side-by-side nature of this course, places are limited and it is anticipated that demand will be high. Applications will close on 17 September 2023, or sooner if capacity is reached. We strongly encourage you to apply as early as possible. We will be in touch after the closing date to confirm places and part allocations.
- Spend the weekend playing large scale chamber music with like-minded musicians in the serene rehearsal spaces at St. Mary’s German Lutheran Church, moments from the hustle and bustle of London’s Kings Cross.
- The majority of the course will be spent rehearsing set works for large chamber ensemble working side-by-side with members of the Berkeley Ensemble culminating in a public performance of selected movements on the Sunday afternoon.
- The repertoire for 2023 is Dvořák: Serenade for Winds, cello and double bass in D minor Op. 44 and Bruch: Octet for Strings. Places are available for oboes, clarinets, bassoons, horns, violins, violas, cellos and double basses.
- Suitable for advanced amateur musicians who have substantial chamber music experience (minimum ABRSM Grade 7 or equivalent).
- The schedule also includes an informal performance class: receive feedback on individual repertoire (pianist provided) from members of the Berkeley Ensemble.
- Optional opportunities to socialise with fellow participants include a pub trip on Friday night and course dinner at a local restaurant on Saturday evening.
The course fee of £290 includes all tuition and rehearsal refreshments. Accommodation and main meals are not included in the course price although there are a selection of cafes, restaurants and accommodation options in the vicinity. Participants who have also applied to attend the Berkeley Ensemble’s Somerset course in May 2024 are entitled to a £20 reduction on the cost of Chamber Sessions: London (please note this cannot be used in conjunction with the May course ‘Introduce a Friend’ discount).
Places are limited and applications will close on 17th September 2023, or sooner if capacity is reached and applicants of complementing abilities can be placed in an ensemble together.
For more information, please email email@example.com
We also run a residential chamber music course in Somerset.