The Berkeley Ensemble is delighted to be accepting applications for its 2024 Chamber Music Course for amateur musicians, scheduled to take place Friday 3rd (from lunchtime) to Monday 6 May 2024.
The course continues to grow in popularity and places are limited so applications will close on 1 December 2023, or sooner if capacity is reached. We strongly encourage you to apply as early as possible. Your place will be confirmed once we have been able to place you in an appropriate ensemble.
- Spend the weekend playing beautiful chamber music with like-minded musicians in the idyllic surroundings of rural Somerset.
- The course will include individual tuition and ensemble coaching with members of the Berkeley Ensemble who will be joined by associate artist and course co-founder Libby Burgess (piano).
- Suitable for advanced amateur musicians (minimum ABRSM Grade 6), either in pre-formed ensembles or individuals, with some previous experience of playing chamber music. We accept participants with varying musical standards (from Grade 6 through to music college alumni) and group participants of similar abilities/experience together.
- Each participant will be placed into two different instrumental combinations, and work on two distinct pieces/selections of repertoire. Whenever possible, these groupings will contrast in size and instrumental combination, and repertoire will be varied.
- Accommodation will be provided by host families within the village, included in the course fee, for those that require it. Participants are also welcome to arrange their own accommodation if they prefer.
The course fee of £460 includes all tuition, meals and accommodation with host families. Returning participants are invited to ‘Introduce a Friend’ to the course for a £30 reduction in course fee for themselves (and the friend they refer).
Chaffcombe is situated just off the A303, near Ilminster. The nearest stations are Crewkerne (10 miles) and Taunton (20 miles). Direct trains run from London Waterloo to Crewkerne or from London Paddington to Taunton. For those travelling by public transport, transfers between the nearest train station and course location are provided.
Places are limited and applications will close on 1 December 2023, or sooner if capacity is reached.
For more information, please email email@example.com
We also run a non-residential chamber music course in London.